that touch upon multiculturalism: “Peace is learning another language”. Peace messages that
deal with homelessness: “Peace is everyone having a home”. Peace messages of friendship: “Peace is making new friends”. Peace messages of tolerance: “Peace is saying sorry when you hurt someone” and so many more.
How would I use the book/curriculum units:
Domains of Social Justice:
1) Self-love and acceptance: “Peace is being who you are”.
2) Respect for others: “Peace is helping your neighbor”, “Peace is keeping the water blue for all the fish”, “Peace is saying you are sorry when you hurt someone”.
3) Exploring issues of social justice: “Peace is listening to different kinds of music”, “Peace is learning another language”, “Peace is traveling to different places”.
4) Social movements and social change: “Peace is giving shoes to someone who needs them”, “Peace is sharing a meal”.
5) Taking social action: “Peace is being different, feeling good about yourself and helping others. The world is a better place because of you!”